Dr. Txec dal Nordselva, Shadow Minister
Ministry of the Interior – Policy Report 49th Cosa
El Regipäts Talossán
Introduction – Relevant Sections of El Lexhatx
D.2.3 The Interior Minister, who shall combine the roles of Defence and Immigration Minister as set forth in Organic Law XII.4 and XII.5, and shall head the following Bureaus. The Minister may appoint Deputy Ministers to be in charge of each Büreu, and the Civil Service Commission may appoint Permanent Secretaries to each Büreu, to work under the direction of the Minister and any Deputy Ministries. (47RZ8)
- a) El Büreu dels Afáes Înphätseschti (Bureau of Home Affairs) which shall be responsible for the order and well-being of the homeland and its environs. This Bureau shall provide a public presence in or near the Greater Talossan Area, shall assist in the organization of Living Cosâs, shall provide governmental assistance to the organizers of an annual TalossaFest celebration, and to all citizens making the Haxh, and shall take care to guide the Seneschal and other ministers in ever maintaining the connection and bond of Talossans worldwide to their homeland. (47RZ8)
- b) The Büreu dels Afáes Cestoûreschti (Bureau of Cestour Affairs), led by the ‘Piaçatéir Naziunál’ and assisted by bureaucrats known as C’huescoûrs (or “Binkies”), who shall see to it that the interests of Cestours within the homeland receive the proper attention of the government. (47RZ8)
- c) El Büreu dal Zefençù (Ministry of Defence), which shall marshal and provide the Invincible Moral Support of the nation to the good and right side of any international conflict, as determined by the government, conveying to the combatants our proud “we would stand with you, but it’s safer to stand behind you” stance. (47RZ8)
- c) i) No action of the Minister or the Bureau of Defence shall infringe on the King’s organic role as Leader of the Armed Forces. (47RZ8)
- d) El Büreu dàl Înmigraziun (the Bureau of Immigration), which shall be responsible for the execution of the nation’s laws appertaining to immigration of new citizens into the realm. This Ministry shall work closely with the Chancery and its Bureau of the Census to ensure that all incoming citizens are properly processed through immigration as provided by law. (47RZ8)
D.2.3.1. The Interior Minister shall also be the liaison between the Kingdom Government and the provincial governments. (47RZ8)
D.2.4. The Interior Minister, heading the Ministry of Interior, who shall command the armed forces of the Kingdom during peacetime and during times of declared war, subservient in these duties only to the King in his majesty’s organic role as Leader of the Armed Forces. During periods of war, the Interior Minister is to be referred to as “War Minister.” The Ministrà dal Interior (Ministry of Interior) shall also marshal and provide the Invincible Moral Support of the nation to the good and right side of any international conflict, as determined by the government, conveying to the combatants our proud “we would stand with you, but it’s safer to stand behind you” stance.
Keeping What Works
- Our national immigration policy has worked reasonably well but there have been lapses. The Ministry will, however, work with all stakeholders to tighten up our immigration policies and verification of the identities of new immigrants
Fixing What Is Not Working
- Refine El Lexhatx as the statutes are confusing as to Interior Minister roles. A more plain-language approach to the statutes would be more effective and enable better accountability.
- Look into continuing to fine tune provincial assignments.
- Work to get the New CItizens Committee functional and able to be maintained!
- Fix the Immigration sign-up process so immigrants don’t get lost in the shuffle or suffer through website errors.
- Work with the Ziu to update El Büreu dal Zefençù.
- Work with the Cosa to get our Civil Service functioning.
- Making sure new citizens and prospectives get a copy of PRÜMS PÄÇEN (work with STUFF and Culture on this).